In the movie Lightyear, an alien race known as the Boov invade Earth. Led by their fearless leader Captain Smek, they take over the planet with ease. However, when one of their own is captured by the humans, they must team up to save him before it’s too late.
Here are fifteen secrets you may not have known about this sci-fi flick.
1. Pixar’s first feature-length film was originally going to be a sequel to Toy Story.
2. The main character, Buzz Lightyear, was almost named Lunar Larry.
3. Tim Allen, the voice of Buzz Lightyear, wasn’t the first choice for the role. The producers initially wanted Bill Paxton to voice the character.
4. The character of Woody was based on a character from a 1950s TV show called “The Real McCoys”.
5. The original script for Toy Story included a scene where Woody and Buzz fought over ownership of Andy’s room. The scene was cut because the filmmakers felt it was too intense for a children’s movie.
6. In the original script, Woody was going to be a ventriloquist’s dummy.
7. The character of Hamm was originally going to be a lizard.
8. The filmmakers decided to make Buzz Lightyear a space ranger because they felt that space toys were more popular than cowboys at the time.
9. Tom Hanks, the voice of Woody, improvised many of his lines in the film.
10. Many of the characters in Toy Story are named after famous people in the film industry. For example, Mr. Potato Head is named after George Lucas and Hamm is named after Steven Spielberg.
11. Andy’s mother was originally going to have a larger role in the film, but her part was cut down to make the film more focused on the toys.
12. The original ending of Toy Story was going to be very different from the one that was eventually used. In the original ending, Woody and Buzz were going to be captured by a toy collector and sold to a Japanese store.
13. The filmmakers considered using real children’s voices for the characters of Andy and Molly, but they ultimately decided against it because they felt it would make the film too scary for young children.
14. Many of the toys in Andy’s room are products that were created by Pixar employees. For example, the Mr. Potato Head toy is based on a character that was created by John Lasseter, one of the directors of Toy Story.
15. Toy Story was the first feature-length film to be entirely created using computer animation.
The team at Lightyear has put in a lot of hard work to make their film an enjoyable experience for audiences. We can learn from their dedication and apply it to our own lives.