When you think of Brittney Griner, the first thing that comes to mind is her dominant and impressive stature on the basketball court. Standing tall at 6’8″, she has been able to make a name for herself as one of the best players in the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). But there is more to Brittney Griner than just her basketball skills.
Here are 15 secret facts about Brittney Griner that you may not know.
1. Brittney Griner is one of the most decorated basketball players in history.
She has won two Olympic gold medals, four WNBA championships, and was the first overall pick in the 2013 WNBA Draft.
2. Griner is also an author and public speaker. In 2017, she released her autobiography, In My Skin: My Life On and Off the Basketball Court.
3. Griner is 6’9″ tall, making her one of the tallest women in the world.
4. She began playing basketball at age 13 and didn’t start to play organized basketball until she was 15 years old.
5. Griner’s wingspan is 7’4″, which is the second longest in the WNBA.
6. Griner has been open about her sexuality and is one of the few openly gay professional athletes in the world.
7. In 2013, she was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
8. Griner is a Nike athlete and has her own signature line of basketball shoes.
9. In 2019, Griner was inducted into the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame.
10. Griner has appeared on several TV shows, including an episode of Lip Sync Battle where she performed against fellow WNBA star Candace Parker.
11. Griner is a two-time winner of the WNBA Defensive Player of the Year Award.
12. In 2020, Griner was named one of the 12 Greatest Players in WNBA History by the league.
13. Griner has her own foundation, BG’s Legacy, which provides support to LGBTQ youth.
14. Griner is a native of Houston, Texas.
15. Griner’s hobbies include playing video games and spending time with her dog, Brick.
While we can’t know everything about Griner, these 15 points provide a fascinating glimpse into the life of one of the world’s top athletes. If you are curious to learn more, be sure to check out her biography and other interviews she has given. We hope you enjoyed this post and that it has encouraged you to take a closer look at the lives of your favorite athletes.