Draymond Green is one of the most interesting players in the NBA. He always seems to be in the news for one reason or another.
Here are 15 fun facts about Draymond Green that you may not know.
1. Draymond Green was born on March 4, 1990, in Saginaw, Michigan.
2. Green played college basketball at Michigan State University.
3. Green was drafted by the Golden State Warriors in the second round of the 2012 NBA Draft.
4. Green has won four NBA Championships with the Warriors (2015, 2017, 2018, 2022).
5. Green was named an NBA All-Star for the first time in 2016.
6. Green was named the NBA Defensive Player of the Year in 2017.
7. Green is a two-time Olympic gold medalist, winning with Team USA in 2012 and 2016.
8. Green has a career triple-double average of 1.8, which is the highest in NBA history.
9. Green has the most triple-doubles in Warriors franchise history (22).
10. Green is the only player in NBA history to record a triple-double in an NBA Finals game.
11. Green is one of only two players to have recorded a 5×5 (at least 5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals, and 5 blocks) in an NBA game, joining Hakeem Olajuwon as the only other player to do so.
12. Green is the Warriors’ all-time leader in regular season wins (308).
13. Green is the first player in Warriors franchise history to be named to the All-NBA First Team.
14. Green is one of only three players in NBA history to average a triple-double in the playoffs (joining Oscar Robertson and Russell Westbrook).
15. Green has been voted as the Warriors’ Teammate of the Year four times (2013, 2014, 2016, 2018), more than any other player in franchise history.
Draymond Green is a fascinating individual and his basketball skills are only part of what makes him so special. He is an incredible role model on and off the court, and his story can inspire people from all walks of life. Thanks for following our countdown of the top 15 fun facts about Draymond Green!