Houshou Marine is a virtual YouTuber from Japan who rose to fame in early 2018. She is known for her bubbly personality and quirky videos.
Here are 20 fun facts about Houshou Marine!
1. Houshou Marine is one of the first virtual YouTubers, debuting in 2016.
2. Her channel is named after her love for the ocean and marine life.
3. Houshou Marine’s catchphrase is “Nami desu!” which means “I’m a wave!” in Japanese.
4. She is known for her bubbly personality and love of making puns.
5. Houshou Marine often collaborates with other virtual YouTubers, such as Kizuna AI and hololive.
6. In 2019, she launched her own line of merchandise, called “Namimori”, which includes t-shirts, keychains, and phone cases.
7. Houshou Marine has attended several conventions in Japan and abroad, including Anime Expo and Comiket.
8. In 2020, she was featured in a Japanese commercial for Google’s Pixel 4 smartphone.
9. Houshou Marine is currently the most popular virtual YouTuber in Japan, with over 1 million subscribers.
10. Her channel has been viewed over 100 million times.
11. Houshou Marine is one of the few virtual YouTubers who is also active on Twitch, where she streams games such as Animal Crossing and Splatoon 2.
12. In 2018, Houshou Marine appeared in a live-action commercial for Toyota’s Prius car.
13. In 2019, she starred in her own short film, called “Namimori e no Tegami” (A Letter to Namimori).
14. Houshou Marine is a fan of the Japanese idol group Nogizaka46, and has attended their concerts.
15. She has also been a guest on their radio show and appeared in their music video for the song “Kimi no Na Wa Kibou” (Your Name Is Hope).
16. Houshou Marine’s voice actress, Rika Abe, is also a member of Nogizaka46.
17. Houshou Marine often covers songs by other artists on her YouTube channel, including Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Taylor Swift.
18. In 2020, she released her debut single, “Kimi no Mikata” (Your Friend), which peaked at number 2 on the Oricon chart in Japan.
19. Houshou Marine has also been active in the doujin music scene, releasing several albums under the name “Namimori-P”.
20. Houshou Marine’s favorite food is sushi, and her favorite animal is a dolphin.
In case you missed it, we just shared some interesting facts about Houshou Marine, the virtual idol from Japan who has taken the internet by storm. With over 800,000 subscribers on YouTube and counting, this digital diva is definitely one to watch. If you’re curious about Houshou and her world, be sure to check out her channel for more videos. You won’t regret it!