Johnny Depp is an American actor, director and producer. He has appeared in many films including: “Edward Scissorhands”, “Sleepy Hollow”, “Pirates of the Caribbean” and many more.
Below you will find some facts about Johnny that you might not know!
1. Johnny was born in Kentucky on June 9th, 1963.
2. His parents were both adults when they had him and his mother worked as a waitress while his father was a factory worker.
3. Johnny has two sisters, one older and one younger.
4. He dropped out of high school at the age of 15 to pursue a career in music.
5. In the 1980s, Johnny was a part of a band called “The Kids” which opened for famous acts such as The Ramones and Iggy Pop.
6. His first acting role was in the 1984 film “A Nightmare on Elm Street”.
7. He has been married twice, first to Lori Anne Allison and then to Vanessa Paradis.
8. Johnny has three children – two boys and a girl.
9. He was arrested in 1999 for assaulting his girlfriend at the time, but charges were dropped after she did not press charges against him.
10. In 20011, he married actress Amber Heard who is 17 years younger than him.
11. In 2016, Amber filed for divorce from Johnny after 15 months of marriage citing “irreconcilable differences”.
12. He has been nominated for three Academy Awards and has won one Golden Globe Award.
13. As of 2017, his net worth is estimated to be $350 million.
14. His other hobbies include riding horses, motorcycle riding and making wine
15. Johnny has called England his second home, living there for many years while filming the “Pirates of the Caribbean” series in addition to other films.
16. He is a huge fan of Hunter S Thompson as evidenced by his role in the 1998 film “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas”.
Johnny Depp is an interesting character, to say the least. He’s had a long and successful career in Hollywood, despite some personal turmoil along the way. We hope you enjoyed these 16 facts about Johnny Depp- now go out there and buy his movies!