Janet Jackson is known for her amazing voice, dancing, and acting skills. She has been in the music industry for over 30 years and has achieved massive success. However, there are some things about Janet that the public doesn’t know.
Here are 15 secret facts about Janet Jackson.
1. Janet Jackson is a highly successful American singer, songwriter, dancer and actress.
2. She has sold over 100 million records worldwide, making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
3. Jackson began her career as a child star on the television show “The Jacksons” before going on to have a hugely successful solo career.
4. Her hits include “What Have You Done for Me Lately”, “Rhythm Nation”, “That’s the Way Love Goes” and “All for You”.
5. Jackson is also well known for her controversial Super Bowl halftime performance with Justin Timberlake in 2004, which led to the exposure of her breast on live television.
6. Jackson has been married twice, first to singer James DeBarge and then to businessman Wissam Al Mana. She has one child, a son named Eissa, with Al Mana.
7. Jackson is the youngest child of the legendary music family the Jacksons. Her older brothers include Michael Jackson and Jermaine Jackson.
8. Janet Jackson’s net worth is estimated to be $175 million.
9. She has won five Grammy Awards, four American Music Awards and three MTV Video Music Awards.
10. Jackson is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Vocal Group Hall of Fame as a part of The Jackson 5.
11. In 2016, Jackson was awarded the Icon Award at the Billboard Music Awards.
12. Jackson has been a vegan since 2015 and is a strong advocate for animal rights.
13. Jackson has launched her own record label, Rhythm Nation Records, and a clothing line, Janet Jackson’s Wardrobe.
14. She has also released two books, an autobiography titled “True You: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself” and a self-help book called “From Here To Destiny”.
15. Jackson is currently working on a new album which is set to be released in 2019.
Janet Jackson is an icon and her influence is still seen today. She has inspired other artists and continues to push boundaries with her music. We can only hope that she will continue to make music for many years to come. What do you think about Janet Jackson? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.