As the NFL season quickly approaches, many fans are gearing up for their favorite team’s opening game. If you’re a fan of the Buffalo Bills, here are fifteen fun facts that you may not know about your team. From their origins in 1960 to their current players, this post has everything you need to impress your friends at the next tailgate party! Enjoy!
There are 15 fun facts:
1. The Buffalo Bills were founded in 1959.
2. The team’s name comes from an American Indian tribe that once lived in the area.
3. The Buffalo Bills have won two American Football League (AFL) championships, in 1964 and 1965.
4. The team plays its home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium, which opened in 1973.
5. The Buffalo Bills are the only team to have played in four consecutive Super Bowls, from 1991 to 1994. They lost all four games.
6. The Bills have never had a perfect season, but they did have a 15-1 record in 1990.
7. The team’s colors are blue and white.
8. The Buffalo Bills mascots are Billy the Buffalo and Buster the Buffalo.
9. The team’s fight song is “Shout!,” which was written by Tim Dorsa and Frank Fedele.
10. The Buffalo Bills have retired the numbers of four players: Bruce Smith (78), Jim Kelly (12), Thurman Thomas (34), and O.J. Simpson (32).
11. The Buffalo Bills have had six head coaches in their history: Lou Saban, Chuck Knox, Hank Bullough, Marv Levy, Wade Phillips, and Rex Ryan.
12. The team’s current owner is Terry Pegula, who purchased the team in 2014.
13. The Buffalo Bills cheerleaders are known as the Buffalo Jills.
14. The Buffalo Bills have a rivalry with the New England Patriots, which is nicknamed “the Patriot Way.”
15. The Buffalo Bills have an annual training camp at St. John Fisher College in Rochester, New York.
The Buffalo Bills are a team that has seen its share of ups and downs. However, their fans remain loyal no matter what. In this blog post, we’ve shared some fun facts about the Bills that you may not have known. We hope you enjoyed reading it and learned something new about your favorite football team.