Fast and Furious is one of the most popular action movie franchises of all time. This series has been making viewers gasp in surprise and cheer in excitement since 2001. Here are 10 secrets that make the Fast and Furious series even more thrilling:
1. The original script for the first film, titled ‘The Fast and the Furious’, was inspired by a real-life undercover operation conducted by Los Angeles police officers in the 1990s to infiltrate illegal street racing gangs.
2. Paul Walker was expected to be cast as Brian O’Connor in ‘2 Fast 2 Furious’ but scheduling conflicts forced him to turn it down. Instead, Tyrese Gibson took on the role with Vin Diesel reprising his character of Dominic Toretto from the first movie.
3. Most of Dom’s signature muscle cars are made out of fiberglass. Not only does this make them lighter, but it also makes them easier to control on the road and during stunts
4. The modified car that Dom drove in ‘The Fast and the Furious’ was originally a green Honda Civic before being painted over with red paint and various decals.
5. During shooting for ‘Fast Five’, part of Rio de Janeiro’s downtown area was closed down so they could film car chases that included two Dodge Chargers racing through narrow alleys and streets.
6. In ‘Furious 7’, the stunt budget was $3 million dollars just for one scene where cars fall from an airplane at 25,000 feet! This is the most expensive stunt ever filmed in a movie.
7. The Toyota Supra driven by Paul Walker in the original film has since become an iconic car for the franchise and was even prominently featured in ‘Furious 7’, when it made its return after being destroyed years ago in ‘Tokyo Drift’.
8. Vin Diesel loves fast cars so much that he bought one of Dom’s signature muscle cars from the movies – a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T – at auction for $200,000!
9. During ‘Fast Five’, Dwayne Johnson had to wear special shoes with four-inch lifts built into them so he could appear as tall as his co-stars on camera.
10. The series is the highest-grossing film franchise of all time, earning more than $5 billion worldwide! These movies are sure to continue thrilling fans for years to come.
To find out even more secrets about the Fast and Furious series, be sure to see the films for yourself! Whether you’re a long-time fan or just starting out, you’ll get an adrenaline rush from these action-packed films. Get your tickets now and experience the excitement first-hand.
Fast and Furious. The ultimate adrenaline rush of a movie franchise. Get your tickets now for the thrill ride of your life!